To create a category, you need to activate the MDB app first.
- Go to Manage > Material Database.
- a) Select whether to create an inventory list to a private space or a Labfolder group space.
b)Click Add category on the left side of the screen, on the category list bar. If you are creating your first category, the Add categorybutton will appear in the center of the screen.
- Give your category a name to identify the kind of items that will be registered. For example: Antibodies, Reagents, Tissue samples, etc...
- Choose attributes for the category. By default, the category has 2 mandatory attributes - Name and Status. Click Add Attribute to define additional features that will describe the items that you add to the category. For example: Clonality, storage temperature, location, hazard level, etc...
- For a new attribute, you can set the format of data (i.e. text, number, date, URL or Dropdown) and whether this field is required.
- Click Save (floppy disk icon) at the right top of the screen to confirm the creation of the category.
Please note: Items cannot be added without an existing category. See how to add items to a category here.