Tip: When working with Collections and Resources with the respective rights you can either use the following functionalities e.g. add, move, edit, etc. by using right-click on the Collection/Resource or go over the top header as soon as a Collection/Resource is selected.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Every user has their own personal Collection called My collection which is located at the top of the navigation menu on the left side. If you don't choose a Collection before clicking on + ADD every Resource you create within or upload to Laboperator will appear in My collection.
- To add a new Collection go to the navigation menu on the left side and click on My collection. Afterward use + ADD-button to select Collection.
- Enter the name of the new Collection and click SUBMIT.
- The new Collection will appear at the bottom of the navigation menu.
- To add a Sub-Collection right-click on the respective Collection where you want a Sub-Collection and choose Add new Collection.
- A pop-up window opens:
- By changing the Collection here you can change the destination folder of your new Collection.
- Enter the name of your new Collection.
- Click on SUBMIT to confirm the creation.
Sharing Collections with users
Except for My collection, you can share Collections like any other Resource with your colleagues provided that you have the corresponding rights.
To share a Collection with users you can use one of the following ways:
- To share a Collection with colleagues right-click on it and choose Share. The functionality applies for Collections on the left-side panel as well as in the center.
- You can also share Collections by using the right-side panel.
- Open the right-side panel by clicking on the Filter button on the right-side.
- Select the Info button.
- Click on the button with a person next to a key.
- Alternatively, select a Collection by ticking the checkbox and select on the right-side pannel the button with the person next to a key.
- After following one of the previous steps the pop-up window Access Management opens:
- Invite your colleague by entering their email address.
- Assign a role.
- Click on SHARE to confirm your selection.
- At the bottom, you will always have an overview of all people who have already access to this Collection. Via the x on the right site, you can delete the permission.
Except for My collection, you can archive Collections like any other Resource that you have the corresponding rights. To archive a Collection right-click on it and choose Archive. The functionality applies for Collections on the left-side panel as well as in the center.
Edit title of Collection
Except for My collection, you can change the title of Collections like any other Resource that you have the corresponding rights to.
- To change the title of a Collection follow one of the following options:
- Right-click on a Collection and choose Edit. The functionality applies for Collections on the left-side panel as well as in the center.
- Tick a checkbox of a Collection.
- In the opened right-side panel click on EDIT.
- In the new pop-up window enter the new title and click on SUBMIT to confirm it.
To access the Event Log of a Collection or a Resource, please follow the steps below:
- Choose the respective Collection. Afterward, you have three options to open the Event log.
- For steps, c and d tick the checkbox of one Collection or Resource beforehand.
- Click on the Event log button on the top header.
- Or click on Event log on the right-side panel.
- Alternatively, right-click on the Collection or Resource and click on the Event log.