Labfolder offers users two Apps for data validation, Sign & Witness and Signature Workflows:
- The free Sign & Witness App allows you to sign and request 1 more witness.
- Signature Workflows, however, is a paid upgrade designed to create complex validation workflows, including multiple witnesses and the option to comment on approval or rejection actions.
Revoke a signature
For any Signature Workflow, the first box in the Actions section is always checked; which means that first signatory may withdraw own and reviewer's signature at any time. This action will result in all signatures being removed from the Entry footer. Signatures will remain visible in the Full Audit Trail of an Entry, including in the event of revocation.
Using Signature Workflows allows users to revoke signatures at any point of time. By doing so, the Entry becomes editable again. Simply follow these steps:
- Open the signed Entry and click on the three-dots icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Revoke Signature in the dropdown menu.
- Confirm that you really want to REVOKE the given signature(s).
4. Now, you can edit the Entry again and/or initiate another workflow.
Reject a signature
If an Entry is rejected, this action will be visible in the Entry footer as well as in the DASHBOARD > Signature Workflow tile. The status of an Entry can be seen in the Signature Workflow Outbox and if the workflow implies that comments will be added these can also be seen in the DASHBOARD > Comments tile. Tags and comments are also accessible in the Entry itself.
Signature Intention and Signature Label allow respective witnesses to provide a statement explaining why an Entry was approved or rejected. Both will appear in the Entry footer later on in the verification process. Although these statements are pre-defined through the workflow, the witness has the option to change the wording of the intention when giving the signature.