Note: The ability to execute the respective actions is controlled by the user's Permissions.
Tip: When working with Collections and Resources with the respective rights you can either use the following actions e.g. add, move, edit, etc. by using right-click on the Collection/Resource or go over the top header as soon as a Collection/Resource is selected.
Every user has their own personal Collection which is indicated by a folder with the set name in the profile settings located on the left side.
To add a new Collection use the + ADD button and select Collection.
Enter the name of the new Collection and click SUBMIT.
The new Collection will appear at the bottom of the navigation menu.
- To add a Sub-Collection right-click on the respective Collection where you want a Sub-Collection and choose Add new Collection.
- A pop-up window opens:
- By changing the Collection here you can change the destination folder of your new Collection.
- Enter the name of your new Collection.
- Click on SUBMIT to confirm the creation.
Update title of Collection
You can change the title of Collections like any other Resource that you have the corresponding rights to.
- To change the title of a Collection follow one of the following options:
- Right-click on a Collection and choose Edit. The functionality applies for Collections on the left-side panel as well as in the center.
- Tick a checkbox of a Collection.
- In the opened right-side panel click on EDIT.
- In the new pop-up window enter the new title and click on SUBMIT to confirm it.
- Either right-click on the Collection you want to restore and choose Restore or click on the respective checkbox and select at the top header the trash bin button with an upward pointing arrow.
Setting the default Collection of a Workflow Run
Laboperator supports the feature to automatically save newly created workflow runs to a default collection. This reduces the repetition of asking users every time they want to create a new workflow run from a workflow template.
There are two options for the users:
1. Setting the default workflow run collection for everyone in the same organization
2. Setting the default workflow run collection only for the individual user
First option: To set the default collection for everyone, click on the icon which is marked in the red box:
Click on “To collection” to select the desired collection that users want to save new workflow runs. By ticking on “Apply to everyone in the organization” and clicking on “SUBMIT”, this applies to everyone in the organization.
Second option: To set the default collection only for an individual user, click on ”NEW WORKFLOW RUN”.
Click on “To collection” to select the desired collection that users want to save new workflow runs, same as option 1. By ticking on “Don’t ask me again”, the newly created workflow runs of the same workflow template will be automatically saved in the chosen collection. For example in the screenshot below, all new workflow runs will be saved in RUNS.
The functionality applies for Collections on the left-side panel as well as in the center.
To hide a Collection please follow the steps below:
- Move to the Collection you want to hide, right-click on it and choose Hide
- If you want to hide all Collections click on the checkbox in the top header and then click on the Hide button (eye button) on the top right.
- Right-click on the Collection that you want to hide and select Hide
To unhide Collections, please follow the steps below:
- Move to the Collections menu on the left panel.
- Open the Filter View.
- Activate the button to show archived Resources.
- All hidden Resources of the Collection will be shown in gray color.
After doing so, the view changes and all hidden Collections are visible in gray:
- Right-click on the Collection and select Unhide.
- Alternatively, click on the checkbox of the Collection you want to unhide. After doing so the header changes and you are able to click on an eye button at the top to unhide the Collection.
Sharing Collections with users
To manage access to Collections, you need to edit the shared Collections in a Group. To do so, please follow the steps as described in this article (paragraph "Edit/Update a Group").
To access the Event Log of a Collection or a Resource, please follow the steps below:
- Choose the respective Collection. Afterward, you have three options to open the Event log.
- For steps, c and d tick the checkbox of one Collection or Resource beforehand.
- Click on the Event log button on the top header.
- Or click on Event log on the right-side panel.
- Alternatively, right-click on the Collection or Resource and click on the Audit Trail.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article