Applies to Virtual Connector v.3.2.1
The Software-only version (Virtual Connector) can be installed on any Windows PC (XP and later) and allows accessing local resources. Further information for the requirements can be found here. To install the Virtual Connector please follow the steps below:
- Download the MSI-package from the link provided by Labforward.
Note: The .NET Framework 4 is required to run the installation, which can be downloaded from Microsoft.
- To install the Laboperator Connector, search for the file "connector-3.2.1-win32-x64.msi" on your computer and install it by double-clicking on it. During the install process you can open Laboperator on your computer as you need an additional file to enroll your Virtual Connector.
- In Laboperator go on the left-side to More > Server Administration.
- Click on CONNECTORS > DOWNLOAD to load the respective enrollment file "enrollment.json" from your Laboperator server instance.
- On your computer open the previously installed "Laboperator Connector" and select the enrollment file "enrollment.json". Click on ENROLL. Wait for the enrollment process to finish.
- The Status of your Connector should be changed to Enrolled. Copy the Connector-ID on the top of the window (with right-click and clicking on copy or by using the shortcut Strg + C). This connector key is used for pairing your Connector with the Laboperator server.
Note: The opened application window for managing the Connector does not need to be opened for the connector to run. It also works for other users on the computer, they just need to be logged in.
- In Laboperator go back to the main page by clicking on < More.
- Click on + ADD and choose Connector.
- Paste the copied Connector-ID and click on CONNECT.
- By clicking on My Collection you will now see the Virtual Connector with the status online.