To create a barcode for an item, the Barcode attribute has to be added to the Category attributes.
- Navigate to Manage > Labregister.
- Select the Category in which you would like to add the Barcode attribute.
- Click on Options > Category Attributes.
- Enter the Edit mode by the button at the top right.
- Select Add attribute from the bottom of the page.
- Choose the attribute type Barcode from the dropdown menu and type in the attribute name.
- Choose between the following barcode generation methods:
- By scanning or typing barcodes. - This option is for already implemented barcodes from your laboratory. With a checkmark, you can choose if this attribute is mandatory or not.
- By using Item ID. - Herewith you can use all the advantages of the auto-generated Item ID in combination with barcodes. Since these are automatically created based on the Item ID, there is no need to select that this is a required field.
- Choose a barcode type (Code 128 or Data Matrix).
- Click on save to create your attribute.
- Click again on save to store the category.
Note: For the attribute name only ASCII characters are supported. Furthermore, please note the character limits of 80 for Code 128 and 2048 for Data Matrix.