Before importing an inventory you need to make sure that your Excel sheet is correctly formatted to prevent any errors when importing items to Labregister.
Requirements for all import files
- The import file must be a .xlsx file.
- Please note, when importing, one Excel worksheet corresponds to one inventory category. While you can only import one worksheet at a time your Excel may contain multiple sheets.
- The import file should contain fewer than 10,000 items/rows and be smaller than 25 MB.
- Include a header row in your file (example screenshot below).
- The first row of your Excel sheet (header) should correspond to an attribute that exists for the inventory list being imported.
- During the import process, column headers of the Excel file will match to the category’s attributes in the Labregister. Where needed, you can manually map your column headers to attributes.
- Avoid merging cells in your sheet. One header should be associated with only one column.
- Excel columns must correspond to one of the following Labregister attribute types:
- Short Text: This allows all character types, such as letters, special characters, and numbers (up to 200 characters).
- Long Text: In contrast to Short Text, here up to 16000 characters are supported.
- Number: Allows numeric values only! If hyphens or units are also displayed an error will occur. Please note that Labregister indicates decimals with a dot (so 1,25 will be displayed as 1.25)
- Hyperlink: This allows the display of URLs in the Labfolder inventory.
- Dates: All dates are displayed in the format DD.MM.YYYY, thereby date formats from Excel may be converted if stated as 01-Jan or 16/01/2020.
- Dropdown: Allows to create of a predefined selection of attribute values. All character types, such as letters, special characters, and numbers can be used here.
- Barcode: Can be added as a numeric value and be visualized either as code 128 or data matrix.
- Please note that previously exported item IDs of a category cannot be uploaded, as Labregister does not recognize duplicates, and item IDs are auto-generated when adding a new item.
- The Name attribute cannot be empty!