TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Download content from History
- Export data
Download content from History
The Entry history ensures the integrity of files. It also allows downloading any element previously removed or modified.
- Select History and a list of all modifications done in the Entry will appear.
- Scroll through the list to find the element you would like to restore e.g. an image.
- When hovering over a downloadable item a download button will appear in the top-right corner. Click it to trigger the process.
- From the Download image menu you can choose either to DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL IMAGE or to DOWNLOAD IMAGE WITH ANNOTATIONS by clicking accordingly.
Labfolder offers several ways of research data export, creating offline archives. You have got the option to export either individual Entries or Projects as PDF. You may even employ external platforms such as Dropbox or Figshare. Additionally, you may export your entire Electronic Laboratory Notebook as an XHTML file.
Export an Entry as PDF
You can export individual entries within your ELN. This applies for either, entries that you own as well as for entries that you have access to.
Note: The export is available for a limited time only. This means that an export file has to be created again when expired after 48 hours.
- Open the Entry you mean to have exported.
- Click on the three-dots in the top-right corner and on Export as PDF from the dropdown menu.
- A pop-up will open allowing the configuration of the export contents: You may rename the file or accept the default name; include or exclude tags, Entry dates, etc. You may configure the layout.
- At this point you may even determine whether only the selected Entry or rather the respective entire Project shall be exported, in case the latter may appeal to you.
- You may choose to have your layout preserved by ticking the respective checkbox. In case you opt for this, you can even preview the file you are going to download, in order to decide whether to make use of this new feature or not.
- Click EXPORT to begin exporting the Entry.
- A pop-up will appear labeled “Export in progress”. Click CLOSE to leave the pop-up.
- Once this process is completed, you will receive a notification.
- Click the bell next to your account picture and select the notification for new export in the dropdown list. This will redirect you to the MANAGE > Exports page.
- Choose either DOWNLOAD to save the PDF file on your local drive or UPLOAD TO DROPBOX to save the PDF file using Dropbox.
Export a Project as PDF
- Go to MANAGE > Projects.
- Click on the Project that you’d like to export and on the gearwheel at the right end of its row.
- Click Export in the dropdown menu. If this option does not show, you do not have the necessary user rights.
- A pop-up will appear with a PDF icon, click it and a new pop-up will appear allowing you to select the content components of the PDF file.
- Within the pop-up, select which contents you’d like to include in the PDF file. You have the option to name the file at the bottom of the pop-up or can choose not to enter a name for a default name to be assigned to the new PDF file.
- Click EXPORT to begin exporting the Entry. A pop-up will appear labelled “Export in progress”. Click out of the pop-up.
- Once this process is completed, you will receive a notification. Click the bell next to your account picture and select the notification for new export in the dropdown list. This will redirect you to the MANAGE > Exports page.
- Click DOWNLOAD to save the PDF file on your local drive.
Export the entire Labfolder as XHTML
Especially for archiving purposes, it is convenient to be able to download everything you own in its entirety. Labfolder allows this with the XHTML export function as described below.
Activating the App
First the XHTML app must be activated as follows:
- Go toMANAGE > Apps
- Click ACTIVATE under XHTML Export, once the XHTML app is activated, you can choose to export all your; generated data to create an offline archive.
Creating the Export file
Go to MANAGE > Exports
- Click the+ CREATE XHTML EXPORT in the page header to initiate an export process. You can continue navigating; through Labfolder while your new file is downloading and a notification will appear once the export file is ready.
- As you click, your export starts being created. Usually this will only take a minute or so depending on the size of your Project. You can always continue working with Labfolder and return for picking up your download later.
Downloading the export file
Clicking DOWNLOAD will start the process. Please note that your export file is compressed for convenience as smaller files are downloaded faster and less space-consuming in your archive.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article