In order to provide important meta information to each entry, there will always be a header as exemplified by the following screenshot:
- Unique ID - the unique ID will show up as Entry N/Total, meaning the Nth entry out of the total number of entries you have in one project.
- Title - Make it relevant to what is contained within, so you and others can easily identify the contents in the future.
- Author - Here you can check who and when the entry was created and last modified.
- Tags - You can add tags to your entry to make it easier to retrieve it later on. These should be also relevant to the content and make sense to search for.
- Timestamps - The dates indicate when the entry was created and then last edited. Besides that, custom dates can be added to achieve an even better organization. To ensure your timestamps are accurate, check that you have the correct time zone defined in your settings.
- Entry ID - Here you can check the unique ID of each entry. You can use it to locate them in your searches.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Add or edit entry's title
- Click the title section in the entry header or click the little pencil icon.
- Type the entry title.
- Confirm with the save button.
Tip: Provide titles that are as descriptive as possible. This will benefit you in future for searching and referencing.
Add or edit tags
Tags help you to organise your notebook entries. Add tags to make it easier to retrieve information later on. Just like keywords, they should be relevant and informative of the content.
In order to add or edit tags for an entry:
- Click on +add a tag in the entry header section.
- Type the tag name and hit enter on your keyboard or choose an existing tag from the list of either ALL TAGS available oder tags USED IN THIS PROJECT.
Note: If you or your group has not used any tag before, the list will be empty.
Add or edit custom dates
Custom dates are especially useful for annotating important steps in your experiments.
You might want to indicate when a specific step of an experiment was done. It could also be the due date for a part of the project or a date after which no more edits should be made.
In order to add or edit an entry's custom date:
- Click on the v shaped pull-down menu indicator next to Custom dates.
- Type the custom date's name or choose an option from the list.
- Type the date or choose the custom date in the calendar.
- Create more custom dates as needed by repeating steps 2 and 3.
- When done click the v shaped indicator again to collapse the menu.
Tip: If the date is far away you can also type it in the format DD.MM.YYYY, rather than flicking through the pop-up calendar.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article