Labregister provides the option to insert Short Text (200 characters) and Long Text (16.000 characters) Attributes. By just looking at your existing inventory sheets, it can be difficult to estimate which would be the best option for you here. When using too many characters, this can occur in an error message while using Labregister.
To check the character length in your Excel file, please follow the steps below:
- In the list of Items to import, use an additional column to check the character count.
- Apply the formula =LEN to this additional column to count the length of text in a cell.
- By double-clicking on the cross icon at the bottom of the cell, you can extend the formula toward the end of your list.
- Navigate to Data > Filter to enable a filter for each of the selected columns.
- In your column to check the length, select all the values larger than 200.
- You can choose between correcting the length of a cell in your Excel file or using the type Long Text in Labregister.
Tip: If all the above is too much of an ordeal, you may just as well opt for the LONG TEXT attribute. However, this may deplete your quota sooner.